Monday, December 3, 2007

They're all UP...




We had some crazy weather over the weekend here in Puget Sound.  On Saturday, we had snow in Seattle, and then Sunday, the temp warmed up and the rain began.  The picture on the left is the ferry from Seattle to Bremerton; I don't think I've ever been on the ferry when it was covered with snow.  We have a reputation for lots of rain, but the best-kept secret is that the rain is rarely heavy - it sprinkles a lot, but we get about the same yearly total rainfall as Kansas City, my hometown.  We are on track for setting a record for rainfall here in Western Washington, and the governor has declared a state of emergency.  (In this article in our local paper, it is reported that we set a record of 7.5 inches of rain in 24 hours!)  

So, we spent a weekend at home, and I had the time to get all the Mac Med Peru 2007 photos up on a new collection on my Flickr page.  

I've also put a few more panoramas up, in a new set.  

Thank you all for your interest in my photos.  So far, my Flickr page has had over 1500 views, and I got some messages this morning to include some of the photos in the Flickr groups for Peru Photos  and Peruvian Images.  I'm glad that others enjoy the photos.

Sitting in my family room, in front of the fireplace, while the snow and rain kept us in this weekend, Wendi noted that it was hard to believe that, just a month ago, we were in the heat and humidity of the Amazon!  It really seems a world away.  

No comments: